Identifying the best tactical shotgun stocks can be a tricky affair, given the various options available. Additionally, shotgun stocks have different qualities that distinctively differentiate them, leaving you spoilt for choice. Depending on your specific preferences, you may want to consider how easily you can maneuver while holding your gun or even the gauge of your shotgun stock. As such, you can choose a 12" or 20" shotgun stock with either a long or short barrel.
What We'll Cover
- 10 Best Tactical Shotgun Stocks for this 2022
- Magpul Hunter 700 Remington 700 Short Action Stock
- Adaptive Tactical EX Performance Forend And M4-Style Stock F/Mossberg Shotguns
- Aim Sports Inc Remington 870 Shotgun Pistol Grip W/6 Position Stock
- Magpul Mossberg 590 Sga Stock
- Magpul Sga Remington 870 Stock
- Mesa Tactical Urbino Pistol Grip Stock
- HOGUE Shotgun Stock, O.M. Series Soft Rubber Over Molded Stock
- Magpul Moe Rifle Stock
- Phoenix Technology Kicklite Tactical Stock
- Hogue Stock Mossberg 500 Overrubber Shotgun Stock Kit With Forend
- The Bottom Line
You may also want to consider whether the shotgun stock is foldable or not. This gives you the option of firing in either an opened or folded position, while also making it easy for you to carry your shotgun during your expeditions.
Whether you intend to purchase a shotgun for the first time or you need to upgrade, the shotgun stock is one major factor to consider. If you are wondering whether it's possible to get cheap but high-quality tactical shotgun stocks, we'll take you through some of the best quality yet affordable options available in 2022.
Here is a detailed explanation of why you need to purchase any of the tactical shotgun stocks listed in here:
10 Best Tactical Shotgun Stocks for this 2022
Magpul Hunter 700 Remington 700 Short Action Stock
Made from reinforced polymer and an anodized aluminum bedding block; Offers users a cost effective fixed stock replacement featuring enhanced ergonomics
Compatible with Remington 700 Short Actions,...
With superior ergonomics, a Magpul Hunter 700 Remington 700 Short Action Stock is one of the best tactical shotgun stocks for all your needs. You not only enjoy shooting flexibility that allows you to bend comfortably but also get the best value for your money. This brand is compatible with various rifles, including Bolt Action Mag Well 700 and Remington 700 pattern short action rifles, making it a perfect choice for your hunting mission as well as sports.
- Offers an easy fit for different types of rifles
- It can be used for a wide range of activities, including long-range hunting expeditions
- It has a firm grip that makes it comfortable to shoot in both long-range and short-range
- It is waterproof, making it a perfect choice for any weather
- It's not easy to remove the bolt while cleaning, since you have to remove the stock to continue
Adaptive Tactical EX Performance Forend And M4-Style Stock F/Mossberg Shotguns
Optimized for pump shotguns, the advanced design features and high-impact, polymer construction of the EX Performance Adjustable Stock and Forend make it an ideal choice when upgrading your Mossber...
This brand is available in three different models and also comes in three different colors; black, kryptek camouflage, and multicam colors.
- Has a fit finish function that makes it a great option for different needs based on your
- You can adjust the stock
- Easy to install
- Has a secure grip making it safe for use
- It has a large pistol grip that makes it uncomfortable for people with a smaller grip
Aim Sports Inc Remington 870 Shotgun Pistol Grip W/6 Position Stock
If you're browsing for a fantastic offer on the AIM Sports Inc Remington 870 Shotgun Pistol Grip W/6 Position Stock, then you have come to the right spot.
Formulated working with several of the ver...
If you are looking for a tactical shotgun stock that's compatible with both 12" and 20" gauge, you can't go wrong with the Remington 870 Shotgun Pistol Grip W/6 Position Stock. Besides this compatibility, the model is offered at an affordable price that fits your budget, so you don't have to strain financially.
- The price is pocket-friendly
- Easy to install
- Has a great grip angle
- It has a short length of pull, making it easy to maneuver
- The model has no shock reduction
Magpul Mossberg 590 Sga Stock
Ambidextrous fixed buttstock designed for the Mossberg 500/590/590A1 12ga series of shotguns
Features improved grip ergonomics, recoil-reducing butt-pad, optional cheek risers for use with optics/r...
The enhanced ergonomics make this one of the best tactical shotgun stocks in the market. Designed with your safety in mind, the weight of the Magpul Mossberg 590 SGA Stock & M-LOK Forend makes your sports and outdoor shooting fun. In addition, this model is made from high-quality materials that are equally durable.
- Offers an adjustable length of pull
- Has interchangeable cheekpieces, though sold separately
- Straightforward installation
- Doesn't require any modifications for fitting
- Once fixed, the trigger group doesn't easily drop out, making dissembling a bit complex
Magpul Sga Remington 870 Stock
Color: Flat Dark Earth Included Accessories: Magpul Industries MOE M-LOK Forend, Fits Remington 870, Flat Dark Earth MAG496FDE , Magpul SGA Remington 870 Stock, Flat Dark Earth, MAG460FDE
If you are looking for a tactical shotgun stock that's easily adjustable, you may want to consider the Magpul SGA Remington 870 Stock. Not only does this model come at a competitive price, but it also comes loaded with a set of other accessories that give you value for your money. Due to its high quality, the model is an excellent choice for all your sports and hunting expeditions.
- It has an adjustable length of pull
- This makes it an excellent choice, especially when you need to dress heavily during the cold season
- It has a comfortable grip angle that makes it easy to use
- It has a butt-pad that absorbs the recoil energy
- The enhanced ergonomics make it easy to operate your tactical shotgun
- The model may have compatibility issues with some brands, including the
- Remington 870 Super Mag
Mesa Tactical Urbino Pistol Grip Stock
Mesa Tactical Urbino Pistol Grip Shotgun Stocks feature a shortened length of pull that makes tactical shotguns easier to manage while wearing body armor or bulky clothing. Mesa Tactical manufactur...
With a Mesa Tactical Urbino Pistol Grip Stock, you get to enjoy longer service, letting you reap all the benefits. In addition to its affordable pricing, the model is also easy to install and use.
- The soft grip makes it comfortable to hold
- Comes with a limb-saver butt-pad
- An adjustable cheek raiser makes it easy and comfortable to operate
- The shortened length of pull sometimes makes it possible to wear a bulky outfit
HOGUE Shotgun Stock, O.M. Series Soft Rubber Over Molded Stock
Mossberg 500 OverRubber Shotgun Stock
No hardware included.
For your sports and hunting expeditions, you may need a shotgun stock that's easily adjustable and easy to install. With a HOGUE shotgun stock, O.M. series, you get this and much more. While the soft rubber over the molded stock makes it comfortable to hold your gun, the HOGUE shotgun stock is compatible with different rifles, so you don't have to worry about the brand of your rifle.
- It has a durable finish that's also quiet
- Requires less recoil energy
- The strong skeleton makes your shotgun equally stronger
- Compatible with different rifles
- The over-molding makes the stock a perfect choice for wet weather
- The rubber may easily get worn out if not properly handled
Magpul Moe Rifle Stock
Product Info for Magpul Industries MOE Rifle Stock for AR-15/M-16, Mil-Spec
Magpul Industries MOE AR15/M16 Lightweight Rifle Stocks install easily on Mil-Spec sized carbine receivers from a variety...
The 10.4" Magpul MOE Rifle stock is collapsible, making storage and transportation easier. The model is a newer version of the A1 and A2 fixed stock and comes with additional features that make it more comfortable and easy to use. The duo mounting points give you the option to mount from either the front or the rear side. If you love fixed stocks, the MOE rifle stock may be your perfect choice.
- Low priced, making it affordable to many
- Has a replaceable anti-slip rubber butt-pad that prevents slippage
- You can easily add an accessory rail through the knockout bosses provided at the bottom
- The rear storage door offers an excellent internal storage compartment
- To install this stock, you may require a rifle-length receiver extension due to its shorter length of pull
Phoenix Technology Kicklite Tactical Stock
Product Info for Phoenix Technology KickLite Tactical Stock
KickLite - 'Saving Shoulders Since 2008'! Dont let a sore shoulder end your day early! The patented KickLite system is fully integratd an...
If you are concerned about your shoulders' safety, the Phoenix Technology KickLite Tactical Stock offers you the perfect solution. After firing, the model offers a great rearward movement, making it one of the safest stocks in the market today. Additionally, you can make quick follow-up shots, with improved accuracy.
- The recoil energy is reduced, making it possible to go hunting or sporting longer
- Has a firm grip on your shoulder, making it hard for it to slip away
- Equally easy to install
- It has an extremely strong spring that makes it safe for all
- If not held properly, the pistol grip can block slide action
Hogue Stock Mossberg 500 Overrubber Shotgun Stock Kit With Forend
fits Mossberg 500 OverRubber Shotgun Stock kit with forend
Mossberg 500 Overrubber
If you are looking for a tactical shotgun stock that offers the accuracy and stability you need for your outdoor activities, the Hogue Stock Mossberg 500 Overrubber Shotgun Stock may be a great option. The stock comes with a forend and is also easy to install. Additionally, a super grip lets you maneuver easily while also improving your shooting accuracy.
- The stock is waterproof, making it a perfect choice for wet weather
- The over-molded grip makes the stock less-slippery
- It has a standard length of pull that makes shooting more comfortable
- It has a high-quality soft butt-pad that offers additional cushioning as you shoot
- Some people claim that the grip is too firm
- You may need to purchase an extra bolt to install the stock
The Bottom Line
If you intend to purchase the best tactical shotgun stocks in 2022, it is important that you make an informed decision. Depending on how you intend to use your tactical shotgun; either hunting or sporting, you may want to consider the recoil energy as well as the pistol grip.
In addition to reducing fatigue, reduced recoil energy lets you go hunting or sporting. With a firm pistol grip, it becomes easier to maneuver at close quarters, while also making it possible to raise or lower your shotgun as needed.
As such, you may want to consider a tactical shotgun stock that combines flexibility, ease of installation, and reduced recoil energy. If you are looking for value, you may want to consider the Magpul Hunter 700 Remington 700 Short Action Stock. If the price is too much of a factor, you can go for the AIM Sports Inc Remington 870 Shotgun Pistol Grip W/6 Position Stock, which is equally effective and of high quality.
Additionally, the Adaptive Tactical EX Performance Forend And M4-Style Stock f/Mossberg Shotgun comes at a friendly budget and also has excellent features that make it a great choice for your outdoor activities.