Scopes with red dot on top are also known as combination optics, and they are becoming increasingly reasonably priced. If you would like to explore these combination optics and learn what scope should you invest in, then this article will be your guide. The following product reviews will assist in making your purchase decision.
First, let’s take a look at the eight top-rated scopes. Then, in the buying guide below, we’ll talk about how to choose the right one for you.
The 8 Best Scopes With a Red Dot on Top of 2021
What We'll Cover
- The 8 Best Scopes With a Red Dot on Top of 2021
- XOPin C4-16/12x50EG Hunting Rifle Scope Combo 4 Holographic Reticle Red/Green Dot
- Burris 5x36mm AR Prism Sight with Fastfire III Reflex Red Dot Sight
- UUQ 2.5-10×40 Tactical Rifle Scope and 4 Reticle Red/Green Dot Reflex Sight
- UUQ C4-12X50 Rifle Scope and 4 Tactical Holographic Dot Reflex Sight
- Burris MTAC 1-4x24mm Scope with Fastfire III Reflex Red Dot Sight
- NcStar Mark III Tactical P4 Sniper 3-9X42/Scope Adaptor Mount/Red Dot Combo
- NC Star Gen-2 Mil-Dot Ultimate Sighting System
- #8 Trijicon 4x32mm AcogScope Dual Illum Crosshair 223 Reticle with RM01 RMR
- What is Scope with Red Dot on Top?
- The Benefits of Scopes With Red Dot on Top Combo
- Factors to Consider when Buying a Scope with Red Dot on Top
XOPin C4-16/12x50EG Hunting Rifle Scope Combo 4 Holographic Reticle Red/Green Dot
New Updated: New Quick Installing Red Dot.Mount On and Off in Just 1 Second .No Need the Screwdriver Anymore.5 modes LED flashlight (high/ medium/ low/ strobe/ SOS) make your hunting much more easi...
Investing in a scope with red dot on top guarantees a satisfying user experience. Without any doubt, the scope is stunningly clear and works just like the expensive scopes. What makes this model a great choice? The sight is pre-installed on the top of the scope, making it easy to use with a number of options. However, this feature can be removed if preferred and installed by itself.
Moreover, it’s equipped with a tubeless holographic sight that has a 33-millimeter reflex lens aperture. This is specifically designed to provide a broad field of view whenever you need to execute normal or rapid shots. Nonetheless, this scope is a little heavy. Above all, it is essential to check the bolts and tighten them to the rails for a solid grip.
- Brightness adjustment works superbly for dark and light settings
- Designed with tubeless holographic sight
- Highly recommended for rapid and normal moving targets and firing shooting
- Can guarantee fog, shock and water resistant performance
- A stable and reliable scope for your rifle hunting gun
- Slightly heavy
- Bolts need to be tightened on the rails
Burris 5x36mm AR Prism Sight with Fastfire III Reflex Red Dot Sight
Product Info for Burris AR-536 5X - 36mm Prism Sight & Free FastFire 3 Red Dot Sight
The Burris AR-536 5X-36 Millimeter Prism Sight was made to serve military and law enforcement personnel as well ...
The illuminated reticle of the Burris 5x36mm AR Prism Sight with Fastfire III Reflex Red Dot Sight is amazing. It allows you to have a clear view, even in the brightest conditions. This is thanks to its superior, adjustable brightness range. The clear focus can instantly concentrate, making it is easy to adjust.
If you prefer sharp and cloudless optic glass, this scope is the ideal option. It allows you to precisely view what you’re shooting. Furthermore, its housing material is aluminum. Therefore, this material completes its tough build and it makes it resistant to fog, water, and shock. On the other hand, the negative side of this scope is that it comes with less generous eye relief and has a slightly bulky weight.
- Comes with sharp and very lucid optic glass
- Focus is adjustable, quite clear, and instantly focuses out to immensity
- Sturdy construction that makes this sight fog, shock, and water resistant
- Designed with highly visible and reliable reticle
- Can ensure speed and precision in extreme hunting shots
- Bulky optic
- Comes with short eye relief
UUQ 2.5-10×40 Tactical Rifle Scope and 4 Reticle Red/Green Dot Reflex Sight
High optical clarity at 2.5-10X magnification and a 40mm objective diameter. The reticle is illuminated in red or green and in multiple brightness intensities, for a suitable sight picture regardle...
The UUQ 2.5-10×40 Tactical Rifle Scope and 4 Reticle Red/Green Dot Reflex Sight possesses high-quality metals that have a black anodized finish. If you look at it closely, you will see that it looks like the scopes of pricier brands. The variable magnification and laser enable this scope to be utilized in many different shooting applications.
Aside from its fog-resistant feature, it also comes with multi-coated lenses that are scratch resistant. In addition, it’s capable of shielding the scope. It enables sufficient light to take in, brightening up what your view. Construction and coating are quite important when selecting a scope. But, you need to know that this scope comes with slightly low quality red dot and does not come with a lot of eye relief.
- Recognized as less expensive yet premium quality red/greed dot scope
- No sweat to set up to Weaver or Picatinny rail
- Can provide shock and fog resistant performance since it is nitrogen purged
- Equipped with full variable zoom scope, laser as well as red dot sight
- Superior quality optical lens and sturdy all metal construction
- Does not come with generous eye relief
- Slightly low quality red dot
UUQ C4-12X50 Rifle Scope and 4 Tactical Holographic Dot Reflex Sight
NEVER MISS YOUR TARGET: The tubeless design with 33mm reflex lens aperture provides you a wide field of view (15.8 @ 100m). Great for normal shooting, rapid-firing or shooting of moving targets. Wi...
We recommend this scope to those who are searching for a high-quality tactical scope for hunting. If you want to upgrade your rifle with an exceptional scope for a budget-friendly price, then this model is the one for you. This is a vigorous scope that is equipped with impressive green or red dot optic and green laser. The optics are clear, and you won’t have any trouble with the adjustments.
Obtaining the reticle is easy; therefore, you won’t have a hard time adjusting and sighting it in. In addition, the switch and dial are easy to utilize. However, one of the downsides of this scope is that it’s long and heavy. In addition, it may not be regarded as the clearest scope.
- Zoom functions well and can retain clarity at every adjustment
- Can fit AR perfectly and is easy to set up
- Especially ideal for moving targets as well as rapid fire
- Comes with lucid and stable holographic sight
- Great features and accessories for affordable price tag
- A little heavy and quite long
- Isn’t the clearest scope
Burris MTAC 1-4x24mm Scope with Fastfire III Reflex Red Dot Sight
The MTAC 1-4x24mm and 1.5-6x42mm with their wide field of view is the perfect match for AR platforms. You can quickly engage close targets or take precise aim out to 600 yards. For even greater ver...
Do you want a scope that is practical and dependable for short-range hunting, military and law enforcement operations, or big-game hunting? If so, the Burris MTAC 1-4x24mm Scope is a perfect option for you. Why? The optics are wonderful, and the red dot for short-range distances is superb. Most importantly, the automatic light transmission for the red dot works outstandingly.
The lighted reticle is also ideal for shooting in low light. This scope is also designed with a rubber-coated eyepiece to ensure a unique style with comfort and protection. The ergonomic power ring is meant for fast power setting changes and an easy grip. While this scope has great features, it has a few cons. For instance, it has a pricey cost, and the top sight is a bit high in relation to a handgun.
- Designed with circular center intended to provide rapid engagement at short distances
- Recommended for close range hunting, military and law enforcement applications, dangerous games
- Reticle is built to ensure accuracy in any sort of applications
- Can provide plenty of eye relief
- Premium grade optical glass for clarity and brightness
- Expensive price tag
- Top sight is slightly high in relation to the weapon
NcStar Mark III Tactical P4 Sniper 3-9X42/Scope Adaptor Mount/Red Dot Combo
Product Info for NcSTAR Mark III Tactical Rangefinder Riflescope 3-9X42/Scope Adapter Mount/Red Dot Combo Package
The NcSTAR Mark III Tactical Rangefinder Riflescope 3-9X42/Scope Adapter Mount/Red ...
The NcStar Mark III Tactical P4 Sniper 3-9X42/Scope Adaptor Mount/Red Dot Combo won’t let you down. It’s easy to assemble, and it’s versatile for short-range and long-range aim points. Hunters and shooters will like this scope’s fast release for mounting on the rails.
Most importantly, this scope is made with quality materials, and the clarity of the images is excellent. Without a doubt, the optics are of premium quality. However, this scope comes with a couple of cons, which include the useless illuminated crosshairs and the small quick- release lock.
- Comes with decent power, compact and easy to utilize
- Highly recommended for varmint hunting
- Reticle comes with a number of brightness settings
- Built with solid metal construction
- Designed with tight and smooth focus adjustment
- Useless illuminated crosshairs during daylight
- Comes with small quick release lock
NC Star Gen-2 Mil-Dot Ultimate Sighting System
NcStar Ultimate Sighting System Gen II 3-9x42mm Rifle Scope w/1x Micro Red Dot Sight, Color: Black, Up to 19% Off w/ Free Shipping — 2 models
Are you looking for a scope that comes with practical features without the overpriced price tag? Fortunately, this budget-friendly model has stunning specifications that improve your shooting. This scope’s reticle is big and always provides a clear view.
Moreover, it does a great job at acquiring your target. This is a nice scope for personal protection because it’s engineered with an optional red dot feature. It’s also important to understand that the added red dot makes the scope capable of ensuring dual modes of shooting.
Lastly, setting it up is easy and for extra security, this model has a secured and simple rail locking system. On the other hand, this scope comes with small batteries that do not last long. Additionally, when it comes to zeroing the dot, this task may be slightly troublesome.
- Built with stable and solid mounting
- Easy to use for beginners
- Highly recommended for close range target applications
- Green and blue color illuminated reticle comes with several brightness settings
- Equipped with uncomplicated and secure rail locking system
- Zeroing the red dot is a challenge
- Small batteries do not last long
#8 Trijicon 4x32mm AcogScope Dual Illum Crosshair 223 Reticle with RM01 RMR
This scope is popular because of its precision and reliability under challenging combat scenarios. For instance, its ability to automatically adjust to lighting conditions, as well as its ability to operate battery free, makes it stand out from other models. As a matter of fact, it’s deemed as one of the most favorite gun sights for those in the United States Armed Forces.
Like other expensive scopes, this model is also designed with generous eye relief. This bigger caliber rifle and huge exit pupil guarantees a rapid target acquisition. Its reticle is capable of glowing, even under dusky conditions. Additionally, its Tritium Phosphor Lamp can ensure 15 years of illumination.
While it is true that it is expensive, it can improve hit potential in any lighting conditions. It is also equipped with anti-reflective and multi-coated lenses. These features are quite adept at providing light accumulating capabilities without any distortion. As a result, this ensures you a superior clarity. However, this is not ideal scope for long-distance shots and is not designed with a fast-release mount.
- Comes with a plenty of eye relief
- Built with military-grade aluminum alloy housing for more durability
- Much more rugged as compared to traditional designs
- Capable of adjusting the brightest level in an automatic mode
- Exceptional cope magnification sighting for fast target acquisition
- Doesn’t have fast release mount
- Not the best for very long distance shot
What is Scope with Red Dot on Top?
A scope with red dot on top plays a vital role for army officers, as well as hunters. This is especially designed to help boost efficiency for short distances. It is important to note that when using a red dot sight, there is no need to deal with magnification power. All you need is to see the red dot. From there, you can start shooting on your target.
In other words, red dot on top is ready to use for hunters and shooters who prefer to have both short-range and long-range shooting capability. In short, there is no need for you to set your weapon before hunting.
The Benefits of Scopes With Red Dot on Top Combo
A variable optic can be restricted by its short-range ability, and evidently, this is the most noticeable benefit of mounting a red dot in a straddling style. This allows hunters to stalk and easily engage targets in long or short ranges.
Most importantly, note that a red dot enables hunters and shooters to engage a short-range target without worrying about parallax meddling with their shot. Competitive shooters can immediately be at an edge at three gun matches wherein targets in a range from 25 by up to a 100 yards. Essentially, time is a very indispensable factor.
The capability of switching to a short-range optic is a force multiplier. When you have a red dot that is mounted on top of the scope, you can utilize the aiming point at any period. As a result, hunting the most rapid moving creatures becomes a less challenging task.
Factors to Consider when Buying a Scope with Red Dot on Top
Before spending money on a costly investment, there are some factors that you need to consider.
- The magnification level and optical zoom of the scope
- The appropriate weight and the scope’s diameter
- The tube’s length: it’s advised to go for the small size to obtain a lower-weighted scope.
- The field of view of both the red dot sight and the scope
- The scope’s eye relief and the dot size pattern of red dot sight
- For long-lasting support, buy a scope that is capable of providing electric red dot on top
Keep in mind that it is necessary to focus on the features and quality of the accessory, rather than worrying about the scope’s current price tag.
It’s not easy to shop for the most top-drawer scope with red dot on top these days since there are so many choices to try out. But luckily, this insightful article helps you weigh the pros and cons. And examine the features of various options, so you can decide which one suits your needs, preferences, and sense of style.