Robar’s NP3 finish is an electroless nickel-based finish for steel, stainless steel and aluminum alloys that co-deposits sub-micron particles of PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene), otherwise known as Teflon™, with electroless nickel.
NP3 metal finish offers many benefits. NP3 permits firing for longer periods of time between cleaning, dirt and powder residue have no wet or oily surface to cling to. When cleaning is required, the effort needed is minimal – usually requiring only a soft cloth.
NP3 is very corrosion resistant. It provides a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient, greatly increasing the life expectancy of a firearm due to reduced friction wear. NP3 is a satin gray, non-reflective color ideal for all firearms.
NP3 can be plated to all internal parts giving smoothness to the action not found with any other coating. In cases where the NP3 has been perforated, the corrosion shows no tendency to spread or migrate under the coating. NP3 also carries a lifetime warranty.
Are you an engineer, manufacturer, or in the Aerospace industry and are interested in NP3 and NP3 PLUS for manufacturing? See Coating Technologies Inc. website for more technical information. CTI is Nadcap Accredited and able to work with large scale manufacturing.
NP3 – THE ADVANTAGES
- Increases reliability
- It requires little to no oil for lubrication, although we recommend using some oil during break in.
- Very accurate and even coatings on all activated surfaces.
- Cleaning is minimal
- Permits firing for longer periods of time between cleaning, as dirt and powder residue has no wet or oily surface to cling to.
- NP3 has a micro hardness of 48-51 Rockwell as plated (nickel matrix).
- NP3 is very corrosion resistant, a 1 mil (.001) coating exceeding a 250 hour salt spray test.
- NP3 has a high lubricity and low friction co-efficient; therefore, the life expectancy of a firearm will be greatly increased due to reduced friction wear.
- The coating is strippable with no effect on the base metal, allowing other coatings to be applied or a new coating of NP3 to be applied, if necessary.
- NP3 plated onto stainless steel guns will prevent galling, a problem common with stainless steel.
- NP3 is a satin gray, non-reflective color ideal for all firearms.
- NP3 can be plated to all internal parts giving a smoothness to the action not found with any other coating.
- In cases where the NP3 has been perforated, the corrosion shows no tendency to spread or migrate under the coating.
- NP3 is guaranteed against corrosion, peeling or flaking for the lifetime of the firearm.