Dave contacted ROBAR about a month ago: he was transitioning from one law enforcement agency to a position with a different LE agency. The new LE department used GLOCKs™ AND allowed personal guns as a carry.
Dave wondered what in the wide, wide world ROBAR could do to enhance a GLOCK™ 22?
ROBAR President Freddie Blish recommended:
- Full grip texture – medium (fine is too smooth, unless you have “office”
hands and coarse is too rough unless wearing tactical gloves)
- High Grip Modification
- Remove finger grooves (unless you prefer them, but I prefer to let my
fingers find their own location)
- Half Moon cuts on side of frame (allows you to strip the magazine out if
- Round the trigger guard (for looks only – not a necessity)
- NP3 the barrel and internal parts of the slide and frame
- Duty Trigger Job with Dot Connector (5 to 5.5 lb trigger. You could go
with a Minus connector 4 to 4.5lb trigger, but I don’t know what your dept
- Ameriglo Pro Sights (bright Orange dot with tritium insert – great for
Dave was excited and UPSed ROBAR his gun, which, due to its necessity as a duty weapon, was turned around in a record breaking few weeks. After which we received these appreciative words from Dave:
Glock arrived today! !!
Awesome job. Took it right out to my backyard range and tried it out. Trigger sights grips awesome.
Thanks so much for your help!
Anxious to get it in my new duty rig.
The pistol is great very happy with it and looking forward to putting it to work.
He was also good enough to send a picture.
And here is the ROBAR-improved G22:
Dave, everyone at ROBAR thanks you for trusting us with your Glock™, and for your kind feedback.
Another happy ROBAR customer; ROBAR smiths are smiling.